Now here’s an ideal way to have a vacation – yacht chartering! And what’s so great about it, you ask. Well let me list you just some of the benefits:
- Weather permitting, you’ll have the freedom to explore wherever and whenever you want.
- You get to stay in a different location each night if you wish or even two or three.
- It helps you to re-connect with family and friends and will bring you closer together – literally and figuratively.
- You’ll have the entire sea as your vacation home and you’ll spend a lot of time in the water and on the beach. And for those who aren’t into water activities, open up a good book and watch the world drift by or take a dingy to shore and explore.
- You can get into places others can’t – hidden coves, estuaries and lagoons.
- You’ll learn new skills, whether on a crewed yacht or whether you’re self-skippering.
Yacht chartering is great for celebrating honeymoons, special occasions, events and family vacations.
Here are some of the types of yachts you can rent:
Bareboat Charter – this is when you charter a vessel without a crew. You generally need a skipper licence if you’re chartering a power boat or an international Certificate of Competence. Some countries require a skipper licence if renting a sailboat. If sailing the Whitsundays though, you only need a basic knowledge of sailing and navigating. Always check the requirements. If you’d like some help along the way, you can also hire a skipper and hostess or even a chef.
Crewed Yacht Charter – these provide luxury touches to pamper you and you’ll have a crew at your disposal. They take care of the cooking, navigating and sometimes even a massage and hair dressing. Say no more!
Catamarans – these are great for both amateurs and experienced sailors and provide a stable and enjoyable journey. Catamarans have two hulls making them unsinkable. They may capsize in extreme weather but will float. They can get into shallow waters and have more spacious cabins and wide sun decks. They’re also great for those who are prone to seasickness.
Luxury Super Yachts – you’ll be travelling in comfort and style to some of the world’s most glamorous destinations. For a luxury, bespoke experience, these are the yachts for you where the dedicated crew will be at your beck and call. Sit back, relax and let the experts do their job.
Take your dream vacation and visit destinations such as the Mediterranean, Caribbean, USA, Bahamas, South East Asia and the South Pacific. Or impress your corporate clients with a corporate yacht charter. I’m certain you won’t be disappointed and the only problem you’ll have is deciding where!
IMAGES – on Unsplash
- Image 1 – Holger Link
- Image 2 – Iulian M
- Image 3 – Alex Block
- Image 4 – Tom Grimbert
- Image 5 – Val Vesa
- Image 6 – Angello Lopez
- Image 7 – Jonathan Borba
- Image 8 – Ed Maughan
- Image 9 -Lucas Metz